Would you like to contribute a personal story to Dare to be Fabulous?
Stories should be written in the first person and relay a true personal experience. A caveat is that no living being was intentionally harmed either physically or emotionally by your actions. After all, fabulous women would never let that happen!
Note that story submissions may be edited for considerations of style, grammar, or length, and that titles may also be altered.
Written story submissions should be between 750 and 1,600 words.
- Write “Submission:” in the email subject line, followed by your story’s title.
- At the top of your message, please provide your name, address, telephone number, and email address. (Your contact information will remain private.)
- Please provide the word count of your story.
- If your story was previously published (websites and blogs included), please note where and when. Please also confirm that you hold the copyright and provide full permission to reprint the story.
- Include a short bio blurb about yourself in two or three sentences (40-70 words). Feel free to include the URL to your website, if you have one.
- Below your bio blurb, please paste the full text of your written story in 14 pt font.
Submission email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dare to be Fabulous is a labor of love. There is no remuneration for the stories featured on this website.
Note that newly featured stories are also introduced through our blog, which goes out to 500+ email subscribers, including fellow contributors and members of the media. Bio blurbs can also include a direct URL to the contributor’s website.
Rights and Reprints:
Dare to be Fabulous is interested in non-exclusive rights. Use of the material will not restrict the authors’ rights to have their stories reprinted elsewhere. However, reproduction of any featured stories on this website will need contributor permission and a proper citation to Dare to be Fabulous.
Please send reprint inquiries to email@example.com