Would you like to contribute a personal story of your own for Dare to be Fabulous consideration? We welcome new story submissions!
Please familiarize yourself with the Dare to be Fabulous theme before making a submission. Read our About page and peruse our existing featured stories. (Note that we may not select a new submission if that story is very similar to one we already feature.)
Stories should be written in the first person and relay a true personal experience. A caveat is that no living being was intentionally harmed either physically or emotionally by your actions. After all, fabulous women would never let that happen!
Note that story submissions may be edited for considerations of style, grammar, or length, and that titles may also be altered.
Written submissions can be any length up to 1,000 words.
- Write “Submission:” in the email subject line, followed by your story’s title.
- At the top of the message, please provide your name, address, telephone number, and email address.
- Please provide the word count of your story
- If your story has been previously published (websites and blogs included), please note where and when. Please also confirm that you hold the copyright and provide full permission to reprint the story.
- Include a short blurb about yourself in two or three sentences. Feel free to include your website URL if you have one.
- Below the bio blurb, please paste the full text of your written story in 14 pt font.
Submission email: email@example.com
Please note that there is currently no remuneration offered for featured stories on this website. Dare to be Fabulous is a labor of love.
Rights and Reprints:
Dare to be Fabulous is interested in non-exclusive rights. Use of the material will not restrict the authors’ rights to have their stories reprinted elsewhere. However, reproduction of featured stories will need a proper citation to Dare to be Fabulous.
Please send reprint inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org