Have you ever had a moment or a time when you felt you had truly outdone yourself—yet you knew at that moment that you had also been more yourself than ever before?
Have you ever done something that made you feel particularly brave, sexy, strong, spontaneous, intelligent, compassionate, or beautiful? A time when you dared to be fearless?
You dared to be fabulous!
Written story submissions will be considered for the book publication or the website. (Stories shared in audio or on video will also be considered for the website.) A caveat is that no living being was intentionally harmed either physically or emotionally by your actions. After all, fabulous women would never let that happen!
Note that stories may be edited for considerations of style, grammar, or length, and that titles may also be altered.
Please do not send unsolicited attachments. If you’d like to submit a story in audio or video for website feature consideration, please send a link to the audio or video clip, or provide a transcript as your submission.
Written submissions can be any length up to 2,000 words.
- Write “Submission:” in the email subject line, followed by your story’s title.
- At the top of the message, please provide your name, address, telephone number, and email address.
- Please write the word count of your written submission.
- If your story has been previously published (websites and blogs included), please note where and when. Please also confirm that you hold the copyright and provide full permission to reprint your story.
- Include a short blurb about yourself in two or three sentences. Feel free to include a pertinent website for more information.
- Below the bio blurb, please paste the full text of your written story in 14 pt font.
Submission email: email@example.com
Please note that contributors will not receive payment for their stories. Selected book contributors will receive a free copy of the book after it is published. Contributors will also be invited to participate in public book readings and media interviews.
Each story will include a biographical blurb about the author. This blurb may also include a pertinent website for more information.
Rights and Reprints:
Dare to be Fabulous is interested in non-exclusive rights, in all languages, in print and digital editions, throughout the world. Use of the material will not restrict the authors’ rights to have their stories reprinted elsewhere. However, reproduction of any of the featured stories will need a proper citation to Dare to be Fabulous and to the publisher.
Please send reprint inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org