Have you heard the adage, “compare . . . and despair”? Dare to be Fabulous proposes this antidote: “relate . . . and celebrate!” The personal is universal, and the universal personal. Every affirming action reverberates into the world and bolsters others in its wake.
Every woman’s personality and circumstances are unique, but all women share in the experience of hearing their inner voice and daring themselves on a daily basis, whether at work, at home, or at play.
Dare to be Fabulous was created as a dedicated space where women could share personal stories of daring, joy, and empowerment. Some of the contributors are famous. One is Anonymous. Most are in-between. They’re all in it together.
A book of these stories will be published soon.
About the Editor, Johanna McCloy
Johanna lived in Spain, India, Japan and Venezuela before attending Duke University and getting her B.A. in Comparative Area Studies and Anthropology. In addition to professional acting and advocacy work, Johanna has freelanced as a writer and editor throughout her career. She recently edited her mother’s memoir, Six Car Lengths Behind an Elephant: Undercover & Overwhelmed as a CIA Wife and Mother by Lillian McCloy.
Samples of Johanna’s published writing :
- “Kathleen Courtney is Behind the Scenes at Alameda Point,” Oakland Magazine
- “Delhi Diary,“ India Currents Magazine
- Multiple articles for Truth Atlas Magazine
- Op-Ed: “Bill is needed to help restore California as film capital,” Bay Area News Group (11 daily and weekly newspapers)
- “Truckin’” Dare to be Fabulous feature